Before going into the playroom put the 26 letters of the alphabet in stickers around your eyes (you can buy stickers at the dollar store). Then make a sheet of paper to hang on the wall with all of the letters written and a space next to each for the letter sticker to go. When you go into the room tell your child that the alphabet got mixed up and stuck itself to you and you need help taking them off and putting them in the right order. Tape the paper to the wall and ask your child to help you find the letters. (Note you will need access to a mirror and have the ability to read backwards to locate the letters yourself :) After you (or your child) takes the letter off your face put it on the paper, then continue having fun finding all 26 letters! The beauty of this game is even if your child doesn't participate, you look so funny that they can't help but look at you anyway! Its a win-win!
Ways to Vary the Game
- put only letters on your face that spell out words of your child's interest (e.g. Angry Birds, Dora, Thomas the Train, etc.) and have fun matching the letters to the words on the page
- put letters on your face to spell out things to do (e.g. tickle, sing)
- with each letter do something that starts with that letter (e.g. a-acrobatics, b-bounce, c-crawl)
- with each letter do tickles like that letter (e.g. e- elephant tickles, m-monkey tickles, f-foot tickles
- and many more, if you have a fun way to vary the game, please add it to the comment section
I hope you have as much fun playing as I did! Best wishes, Katrina